The New Balance Life Trainer Calorie Monitor uses an advanced 24 hour calorie burn formula based on metabolic rate, exercise and heart rate, to provide you with your total estimated calorie burn. To help keep track of your daily results, the Life Trainer has a 7 day graphic memory which allows you to review your calorie burn, steps and total distance per day.
- Calorie Monitor: Advanced 24-Hour Calorie Burn Formula : Based on Metabolic Rate, Exercise and Heart Rate Readings; Automatically Resets at Midnight; and No Set-Up Required.
- Pedometer / Exercise Data: Step Counter with Goal Meter; Total Distance with Goal Meter; Estimated Calories Burned with Goal Meter; Exercise Mode with Data Recall: Total Exercise Time, Estimated Calories Burned, Distance Traveled and Steps Taken During Workout; and 3 Sensitivity Levels for Accurate Step Readings.
- Heart Rate Touch (HRT): On Demand Heart Rate (HR) Reading – ECG Accurate HRT; HR Touch Button; No Chest Strap Needed; and Displays % Max BPM.
- Time / Alarm: 12-Hour or 24-Hour Format; Time / Day / Date.
- Other: Displays in Metric or Imperial Units
Helpful Hints for Measuring Heart Rate:
- Make sure the watch is snugly strapped to your wrist.
- When pressing the HRT button, make sure that you are using the soft, flat pad of your finger (not the tip of your finger).
- Pressing the HRT button too hard can created "muscle noise", making it difficult to measure your heart rate.
- Make sure the metal back of the watch is laying flat on your skin.
- Make sure your wrist and finger are clean and free from dirt, oils, or lotions.
- Stay still and relax your arms on a stable surface while taking heart rate.
- Clean the HRT button and caseback with a soft, dry cloth.
- If you are exercising in a low-light environment, activate the backlight BEFORE you take a heart rate reading. The backlight will remain active while you press the HRT button.
- Reversible band blue/black
- 30 meters water resistant
- Exercise time range of 10 hours